Step #1: Analysis
This first phase of your implementation is where both your organization and a MIE Solutions representative look at your business and analyze where you are now and where you want to go. This is where we both analyze:
- Your Business - How are you currently doing business with efficiencies in mind
- Your Workflow – how data flows within your organization
- Your Data – Includes numbering schemes, standards, and data integrity
Each of these areas is briefly described below.
This stage simply asks you to think about how you currently do business and how you would like to improve it. What efficiencies would you like to achieve.
This includes your overall workflow, including both physical (manufacturing, etc.) and flow of administrative information, both electronic and paper.
- Manufacturing Flow
- Paper Flow
- Software Data Flow
Questions to Consider:
- Are you migrating from an existing ERP system or is this your first?
- How will your ERP system mirror your business and workflow?
- Will your business allow for a completely paperless work situation?
- What software applications do you currently use?
- Can you replace all your existing software packages or not?
- What software packages do you want to integrate with?
- Are you keeping track of items and processes in Excel spreadsheets?
- How do these inputs and outputs connect?
MIE Solutions can help you identify which applications and processes you can eliminate or streamline. MIE Trak Pro is a fully integrated ERP application, able to be your one-stop application for your entire business.
Reports and Availability
- How available are reports and other documents throughout the organization?
- How do you control which employees have access to information?
MIE Trak Pro can allow or restrict information access with security rights. MIE Trak Pro provides a one source of truth solution, eliminating multiple copies and entries of various types of information.
Modules You Need
One of the most important outcomes of the analysis stage will be to determine which MIE Trak Pro modules you will need. This will be determined by how you do business.
A workflow is simply the process that a company uses to get things done. Different departments within an organization will have different workflows. For example, the accounting department will have its own processes by which it keeps track of bills that need to be paid, invoices that need to be sent, and payments that have been received. The manufacturing department, on the other hand, will be concerned with acquiring raw materials and transforming them into final products that can be sold for profit.
Therefore, a workflow analysis can be used to determine inefficiencies within a specific department of a company or across the entire business.
Workflow analysis is the first step towards improving your business processes, which in turn improves your business. You can use business workflow analysis for two things:
- Streamline your manual business processes
- Automate your business processes
The workflow analysis process, in partnership with MIE Solutions will include:
- Interview management and employees to get a better understanding of how the business is run. For example, what do people really do every day What tools do they use What reports do they use
- Create a workflow diagram. While not required, often it makes sense to include a visual model showing the primary activity steps and exceptions. This does not require sophisticated tools or software. White boards and Post It notes often can do the trick.
- Analyze the time and resources, and effort spent on everyday tasks
- Make recommendations for improvements
Your data is a final analysis item that we can help you evaluate.
Data quality is referred to as "data integrity." It is maintaining and assuring the accuracy and consistency of data over its entire life-cycle. Data integrity means that the data is accurate and reliable.
At various levels, all company employees make business decisions to assist in their roles and responsibilities which ultimately contribute in the company’s success or lack thereof. In most companies, there are areas where important business decisions are routinely made based on data.
Evaluate Viability of Current Data
We can help you evaluate the data integrity of your current data. We will evaluate your data based on the following:
- Current standards